New Orleans, LA Car Accident Attorney
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
Between the years 2018 and 2021, more than 6,800 people were killed in car accidents in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana State University Highway Safety Research Group. Thousands more were injured. What does your future look like after a car accident?
Many people have serious questions after experiencing a car accident. They may be curious and need answers. These questions often include the following:
- Do I need to obtain a police report?
- To what kind of compensation am I entitled?
- Should I accept the offer from the insurance company?
- I think I was partially at fault. Does this mean I cannot pursue compensation?
- How long do I have to pursue compensation in the state of Louisiana?
- The insurance adjuster is asking me to sign paperwork. Should I consult
a car accident lawyer first?
As a dedicated and knowledgeable New Orleans personal injury attorney, I have heard—and answered—all of these questions and more for my clients. Your concerns are real, and you deserve real counsel and representation. Whatever your situation may be, it is important that you get in touch with a professional who can advise you and provide the counsel and support you need.
What Are Common Causes of Car Crashes?
According to data released by the NHTSA, there were more than 700 traffic fatalities in the year 2013. Of those, nearly 250 were classified as alcohol-impaired accidents. While drunk driving is a well-documented issue and cause of car accidents, it is not the only factor. There are countless factors that can be attributed to serious auto accidents, with many of them being driver related.
Some common causes of car accidents include the following:
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while distracted (ex: texting)
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Driving recklessly (ex: tailgating)
- Ignoring traffic signs (ex: running a red light)
- Driving during stormy or otherwise inclement weather
Regardless of the cause of your crash, you should not hesitate to get the help you need from a New Orleans car accident attorney who you can trust. Reach out to my personal injury law firm today.
EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN NEW ORLEANS, LA
If you have serious injuries, it is important that you are able to receive the medical care you need and deserve. My office, the Shlosman Law Firm, can help you understand the practical aspects of your case and the steps you may be interested in taking next in order to protect your loved ones.
To learn more, call the Shlosman Law Firm and schedule your complimentary consultation.